The 24th Session of the Governing Council of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) will be held from 15 to 19 April 2013 at the UN-Habitat headquarters in Nairobi, Republic of Kenya, under the theme of Sustainable Urban Development: The Role of Cities In Creating Improved Economic Opportunities For All, With Special Reference To Youth and Gender.
INTI will join the GC24 with an exhibition about our latest research into New New Towns around the world. Other participants include UN-Habitat partners and organizations interested in urban sustainability; particularly those issues related to
urban sustainability, including:
• Cities will showcase programs, initiatives, partnership and solutions to address the challenges of sustainability
• Countries will present programs on cities at the national level
• United Nations agencies and other international organizations will profile their work on building better cities globally
• The private sector will present services, products and innovative solutions to urban problems
• Non-governmental organizations will promote their roles in urban sustainability
• Researchers and publishers will present the latest information on urban trends
For more information, click here.